Want to match your ceiling color or add your logo? Just add an optional customized magnetic cover for an additional cost.
Disclaimer: Please note that depending on your screen‐type and lighting conditions, there can be a marginal difference in colors of the product.
Now it is possible to build a mini-theatre with fewer construction constraints and FF&E costs, even with a ceiling height as low as 3 meters (10 feet). The Supra-5000 is so compact that it does not require a standard projection booth. By facilitating ceiling mount without a hush-box, the Supra-5000 also opens the door for non-traditional exhibition options such as hotels, screening rooms and yachts. The Supra-5000 demonstrates the best possible projection system for mini-theatres and alternative venues from renowned technologists: Appotronics, GDC and Texas Instruments.
- Specifically designed for in-auditorium ceiling mount (no hush box). It is smaller, lighter and quieter when compared to other projectors with the same brightness level.
- Air cooled without exhaust.
- RGB+ Laser phosphor digital cinema projector with the world's leading ALPD 4.0 technology, achieving 99% of Rec.2020 color gamut.
- Light engine and lens are designed with IP5X level of dustproof protection for maximizing brightness.
- Lumens output: 5000 lumens with DCI colors.
- The only DCI professional-grade projector that does not require hazard zone clearance from the viewers and allows full utilization of the auditorium seating area. The Supra-5000 is certified as Risk Group 2 making it safe for commercial cinemas, homes and offices.
- Affordable DCI-compliant projection system offering amongst the lowest TCO thanks to its architecture and advanced technology.
- Built-in GDC's All-in-One-Board, which is designed with near-zero maintenance electronics and tested for 100,000 hours Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
- Supports 3D playback with Espedeo PM-2000B 3D Polarized System measuring over 30% light efficiency.
- GDC’s All-in-One Board provides diskless CineCacheTM (built-in cache memory). Content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without local HDD storage. Incredibly fast ingest during playback.
- Supports GDC Cinema Automation 2.0 that stores and enables the playback of thousands of movies and auto power-on/power-oﬀ for projector's laser according to the pre-set schedules.*
- The Supra-5000 offers various built-in options for a 5.1 / 7.1 / 15.1 cinema audio processor and a 16-channel DTS:XTM decoder** that supports SMPTE ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream (IAB) standard. The Supra-5000 offers the capability to reproduce an incredibly deep, rich listening experience designed for 5.1 and 7.1 PCM uncompressed surround sound functionality. When the Supra-5000 featuring DTS:X Solution with IAB support, audiences can immerse themselves with object-based audio technology for a 360° audio experience.
Espedeo offers an optional Audio IO (Input-Output) Box for Supra-5000, with a built-in 8-channel premium quality digital-to-analog converter (DAC), to interface with external audio equipment such as analog amplifiers, booth monitor, microphone, and media players. Espedeo also offers a 16-channel DAC option for analog output.
- Supra Command Center: an intuitive web-based control UI connected to the projector's built-in Wi-Fi or management network that can be accessed with a desktop, a laptop or a tablet.
- Option to customize magnetic cover to match with your ceiling color.
* Please visit www.gdc-tech.comfor Cinema Automation CA2.0. Note: tablet or handheld device required but not included.
** HI/VI output is not available when outputting more than 14 channels of DTS:X audio.
Supra Command Center
- Integrated projector and media-player control
- Screen setup and management
- Cinema Automation setup
- Show scheduling with Auto-Playlist
- Intuitive web-based user interface accessible via compatible web-browser on PC, MAC, Android or iOS devices
Light source type
ALPD 4.0 RGB+ laser phosphor technology
1.58-2.49:1, 1.28-1.92:1, 0.8:1
V : ± 50% & H : ±25%
2048 x 1080 pixels
Up to 6m (20ft) wide (screen gain 1.0@20fL)
Up to 40,000 hours depending on mode of operation*
Digital Micromirror Device (DMD)
Light engine protection level
Air cooled without exhaust
* The laser lifetime can last up to 40,000 hours runtime. The lifetime may vary depending upon environmental conditions and how the projector is operated; the lifetime is not a warranty.
HDMI 1.4 (2 x Type A receptacle)
• 1 x Wi-Fi – IEEE 802.11n
• 2 x Gigabit Ethernet (1GbE/RJ-45), 2 x Ethernet (100 Base-T)
• 2 x USB 3.0 (A-Type Female), 1 x USB 2.0 (A-Type Female)
• 8 x GPI (2 x RJ-45)
• 8 x GPO (2 x RJ-45)
• 1 x BNC (LTC-OUT)
• 1 x 3D interface
24-bit AES3, 16 channels, 48/96kHz (2 x RJ-45)
• JPEG 2000 frame rate (fps)
– 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 (2D)
– 24, 25, 30 (3D)
• SMPTE Digital Cinema Package (DCP), Interop DCP
Video processing features
• Color-space conversion – supports YCbCr709, REC 709, X’Y’Z’, YCxCz
• Scaler to support 2K
• NexGuard® forensic watermarking
• FIPS 140-2 (Level 3 security certified)
Closed captioning device
Integrated storage with options
• CineCacheTM 2TB
External storage with options
• Capable of direct connection to and designed for use with up to 204TB SCL Mk2 Series Centralized Playback Server
• Network-Attached storage (NAS)**
** Please check with GDC on qualified NAS storage
Graphical user interface
• Integrated projector and media-player control
• Screen setup and management
• Cinema Automation setup
• Show scheduling with Auto-Playlist
• Intuitive web-based user interface accessible via compatible web-browser on PC, MAC, Android or iOS devices
480 x 803 x 275 mm / 18.90 x 31.61 x 10.83 in.
47kg / 104.1 lbs (with lens 1.28-1.92:1)
• Type 1 rating: 200-240Vac 50/60Hz 4-3A (single phase) or
200-240Vac (2W + C), 50/60Hz, 4-3A (dual live line)
• Type 2 rating: 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz, 9-4A (single phase)
5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
10% to 85% RH (Max.)
≤ 35dB(A) (no hush box design)
• DCP source: 5.1/7.1 surround sound channels and up to 16-channel DTS:X immersive audio supporting IAB
• HDMI input: 8 channels PCM
• Microphone input (via Audio IO Box or HDMI adapter^): Microphone level input with switchable +48V phantom power, adjustable gain and selectable HPF (via Audio IO Box^)
• Non-sync input (via Audio IO Box or HDMI adapter^): Stereo line level inputs
• Analog balanced 7.1 input (via Audio IO Box^): 8 channels analog line level inputs
• Digital audio output: 16 channels AES3, LCR Monitor, HI/VI-N, LTC (sync for 4D systems) and DBOX motion signal
• Analog audio output (via Audio IO Box^): 8/16 channel balanced analog line level outputs
• DSP Processing (5.1/7.1/15.1): 32 bits full floating point DSP processing
• Graphic EQ for 7/15 channels (non-LFE channels):
— 1/3 octave graphic EQ (27 bands)
— Band gain: -6dB to 6dB in 0.1dB step
• Bass/Treble for 7/15 channels (non-LFE channels):
— Bass level: -6dB to 6dB in 0.1dB step
— Treble level: -12dB to 12dB in 0.1dB step
— Treble corner frequency: 1K/2K/3K/4KHz
• LFE parametric EQ:
— Center frequency: 20Hz to 120Hz in 10Hz step
— Bandwidth (Q): 0.5 to 10 in 0.1 step
— Gain: -12~6dB in 0.1dB step
• LFE low pass filter: Default / SMPTE
• Crossover (for 5.1/7.1 only):
— Mode: 2-way
— Filter type: Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley
— Filter slope: -6, -12, -18, -24, -36, -48dB/octave
• Global delay for all channels: -250~200ms
• Audio delay for individual channel: 0~500ms
• Volume control (main fader) for all channels: -90dB~10dB (fader 0~10)
• Mute (fade-in/out) duration configuration: 0.2 to 5.0 second in 0.1 step
• Channel gain for individual channel: -22dB~8dB in 0.1dB step
• PCM channel assignment: Yes
• Signal generator: 100Hz, 1KHz, 10KHz, Pink Noise, sweep
• Audio input level meter: 16 channels
• Backup and restore: Audio configuration presets (equalization (EQ), crossover, channel delay, global delay and gain)
• Dynamic range (via Audio IO Box^): >105dB
^ Note: Audio IO Box is sold separately, please refer to AIB-2000 Audio IO Box brochure
- Including 3-year standard factory warranty
- Additional Terms of Sale and Service